Writing --- Reading & Everything In -Between

Thursday, August 28, 2014

NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM

Dream Big, Think Positive, Take Risks, Embrace Challenges, Pursue Vision, Refuse to Quit and many more of phrases like these rule our world today. Well, I can tell you, they are easier said, taught or preached than done. In a world besieged with many unresolved crisis and problems covering every sphere of life, people are becoming more pessimistic than ever before.

These phrases may seem difficult to apply, but they work. If only we are willing and ready to work them. At the beginning of the year, I made some decisions, as many people do. By the third month, those resolutions were still hidden in my diary and at a point, I got angry with myself.

Why do I always abandon my personal projects?

I am not lazy. I work hard, sometimes too much for my own good, but there are some personal goals I set for myself year after year and I’m still unable to achieve.

So I got angry!

I looked inward.

I looked upward.

I looked outward.

I remembered many of these phrases that were suppose to push me towards achieving my goals and I decided to do what I preach.

Inwardly, I drew strength to continue; to take risks or steps of faith; to pursue vision.

Upwardly, I received grace from God to embrace the challenges and refuse to quit. His Word keeps my thoughts positive and makes me see that the future He has shown me is achievable.

Outwardly, I enjoyed help from my friends and dream supporters. Top on the list is my husband and cheerleader. In his own ways, he continues to prod me to realize those big dreams.

Well, four months later, came READ – The Big Deal About Reading.

A month after came the Musical Video of our Children’s Church in Winners’ Chapel International Gotera - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. After months of dreaming and praying, more months of planning and practicing and still more months of restless days and sleepless nights, COME TO THE LORD’S HOUSE is released.

Like every project, it’s not a product of personal effort. Many people contributed spiritually, financially, creatively, physically and even emotionally. Ha ha ha. I can’t tell you the amount and varieties of emotions spent, especially on locations. The wonderful teachers in our Children's Church served tirelessly at various stages of the production. We had help from supporting parents, active youths and our beloved pastor. 

To the glory of God alone, the work is done and my prayer is that it will bless lives especially Christian Children worldwide.

I have learnt quite a lot from these two projects.

1.    Dream Big. Let your dream be bigger than you.

2. Share your dream with like-minded people who will help nurture and support it.

3.     Lean solely on God.

4.    Take steps. I mean, take practical steps. As you go, God goes with you.

5.    Work with people. You can never achieve your dreams all by yourself. Also remember that, there are dream killers and dream supporters.

6.  Never, never, ever, ever give up on that dream; no matter how difficult it seems, it is achievable.


Enjoy God’s Exceeding Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment